Sunday, 26 October 2014

The last stretch - Prototype III

I am happy with the feedback and response received during Prototype II testing.

My 3rd and final prototype will be extending and expanding on TwisterXO. I would like to make the game physical and planning to code this in Action script 3 is a bit more challenging than I thought. In testing the game itself for the first iteration, I coded the game to use mouse clicks, but with the MakeyMakey I will need to change these to keyboard events.

Based on the feedback from Prototype I, I would like to make the spinner automatic and speak out the colour the spinner lands on, as users will not be able to remove hands from the mat and click the spinner.

Plan:
-users press play& spinner rotates
-player 1 takes turn.
-spinner rotates and player 2 takes turn.
-game continues until one player wins, or ties.

I will need to use a 3x3 board, not only because of MakeyMakey constraints, but also because I am not entirely sure how to code the board in such a way that detects if a player lifts their hand or foot after placing it in an initial spot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment