Development Process:
Testing the sitting interaction alone would not be enough, so I decided to revisit the original concept. The goal of the reset is to encourage people to move after sedentary periods. The reset woul make a sound and buzz to encourage movement.How could I increase this level of encouragement?
Eventually I decided that one way could be to get the wearer to do a physical activity to be able to get the alarm to stop. I also decided that the alarm should go off until the wearer completed the activity, and then chose a song to meet the goal - "I like to move it" seemed the perfect fit.Real-world scenario:
Sitting down starts the timer.Standing up for longer than one minute stops the timer.
After 50 minutes of being seated, the alarm starts to go off to encourage the wearer to get moving.
The user must complete a physical activity to get the alarm to stop and be able to sit down again.
Testing Scenario:
Sitting down starts the timer.Standing up stops the timer and resets it.
After 5 seconds, the song starts to play.
The sound will stop after the wearer runs on the mat for 10 steps.

No comments:
Post a Comment