Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Types of Prototypes - Alarming!

Week 3 - Exercise 2

Types of prototypes

A horizontal prototype gives a view of features offered, and does not explain these in detail. 

A vertical prototype explore the function of a specific feature. In the image above, I have given two options the user can do when setting a new alarm - setting the chain of alarms and changing the alarm tone. Now one can envision what will happen or how one of the features works, rather than just knowing about the feature.

For the alarm exercise, I went on what I thought would be a diagonal prototype. From the main interface, the user can edit the chain alarm and edit it directly by clicking and holding the icon. Simply pushing the button will turn the feature on or off, but holding it in will bring up the settings page as before. This is another way of accessing the same tech without many steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment