Monday, 25 August 2014

Testing

The reset is a wearable lifestyle intervention. Students spend hours in sedentary positions and this is detrimental to health. Wearing the reset reminds you to take regular breaks. While it is not directly social, it does encourage wearers to take breaks away from their desks or laptops, which will hopefully lead to more meaningful interaction and study breaks.

While I tried to think of a more social idea, I had a bit of trouble with my creative process this time around. The reset is more of a personal intervention that I would use. Ideally I would like the clip to be smaller than the prototype shown.

It was fun to create the video and I learned a bit about editing because I hadn’t shot videos before this year, so I welcomed the new experience. I used a combination of editing software, starting in Photoshop and later iMovie to see how both are used. For filming, I used my compact camera for video and sound, and had my phone near me to record the audio for better audio quality, which I ended up using in the video, as it was clear and free of background noise.



Testing Feedback

1. How can the concept be made more social?
As stated, the problem is not addressing a social problem but it can be adjusted to be more social and interactive.
Some suggestions to make the concept more social:
  • Use it as a competition between friends on social media.
  • Encourage lazy or unmotivated people to move and be held accountable in a community.
  • Used in nursing homes- where the nurses get feedback when someone has been sedentary for a long time, they can monitor and facilitate movement and walking.
  •  Choose a different concept or problem area.
Further suggestions to make it more interactive were:
  • Link to an app and social media.
  • Have an app interface so you can set your preferred time period and see the percentage of time moving to percentage stationary.
  • Have a timer and screen on the device

2. How could the video be improved?

The actual video received good feedback, the sound was clear and it was not too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment